CEIPES – International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development is an International non-profit association founded in Palermo in 2007 and with antennas in other 8 European countries.
Vision and Mission
We believe that education and development are fundamental values to achieve peace and dignity for all human beings. Each individual and community have the potential to fulfill its rights. CEIPES acts as a facilitator for activating the community, through an educational approach in order to create and transform energy and resources. This process is necessary for both individual and social development.
CEIPES’ mission is to foster and support the sustainable development of local communities and individuals’ empowerment through education and training, human rights and international cooperation.
- To promote non-formal education as a fundamental tool in the education of youth and adults and as complementary to formal education.
- To promote personal and community development through learning mobilities
- To create new innovative tools and methodologies to develop useful strategies in the field of education through the cooperation with public and private entities at local and international level.
- To promote study, research and innovation, both methodological and technological, with the aim of giving scientific support to the specific activities carried on by our association
- To encourage intercultural dialogue with the objective of fostering mutual understanding and respect between individuals from different cultures
- To promote peace, nonviolence and human rights as a fundamental tool reach a world of equality and solidarity in which all human beings can access to their fundamental rights.
Local and international networks
CEIPES works at local, European and international level in synergy with more than 100 organisations, bodies and institutions with the objective of improving methodologies and technologies in the field of education, developing innovative strategies and participatory tools in the work with youth and adults, in the field of education and research through local and international cooperation.
Area of intervention and target groups
CEIPES is working in different areas of intervention and with different target groups. The main topics we are addressing are:
- ICT innovation and STEAM
- Health, Food, Sport and Outdoor Education
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Local development and social inclusion
- Human rights Education and raising awareness, advocacy and anti – discrimination
- Art, Culture and Creativity
- Sustainability, Environment and Climate Change
- Capacity building of third sector organizations, educational institutes and public sector
Our activities, depending on the area of intervention, are addressed to: young people, migrants, disadvantaged youth and NEET, women, educators, teachers and students, members of public institutions, unemployed.
CEIPES main activities are:
- Educational activities at local, European and international level;
- Technological innovation and research in the educational field;
- Raising awareness and advocacy activities;
- Organization of seminars, conferences, training courses and workshops oriented to capacity building of young people, youth workers, educators and adults;
- Learning mobilities (ESC, VET, internships, job shadowing, erasmus placement);
- Exchange of good practices among professionals in different areas.
CEIPES staff is composed of many professional experts with different competences in several sectors such as psychology, communication, education, international cooperation, social and cultural mediation, social assistance, informatics and law.
Together with them, the association also relies on the voluntary work and collaboration of more than 25, mostly young people as volunteers and interns, coming from the local and international contexts.
Address: via G. La Farina 21, 90141, Palermo – Italy
Phone: +39 0917848236
Contact person: Maria Limongelli – maria.limongelli[at]ceipes.org